A successful weight loss journey lies ahead.
At Beltre Bariatrics, we believe that anyone who is significantly obese should have the opportunity to achieve successful weight loss through effective bariatric surgery methods.
From private and educational initial consultations to long-term weight loss that lasts, bariatric surgery has helped thousands of people achieve their health and weight loss goals for good.
If you’re on the fence about whether or not you should move forward with weight loss surgery, there are some things to consider.
Once you’re ready, we encourage you to get started with us.
Self-Reflection Questions Before Weight Loss Surgery
Before you opt into a particular bariatric surgery, it is essential to make sure you are committed to your health and lifestyle goals for the long run. It is also important to fully understand your exact health and wellness goals, set up a comprehensive plan to achieve them with bariatric surgery, and stick to the strict requirements and advice from Dr. Beltre and his team to achieve the most favorable results.
As you begin your journey to learn more about weight loss surgery, we encourage you to reflect on these crucial questions:
- Are you seriously overweight with a BMI of at least 30 or higher?
- Do you have serious health problems due to your obesity?
- Have you been unable to lose weight with diet and exercise?
- Are you ready to make major lifestyle changes to facilitate extreme weight loss?
- Do you have the willpower to maintain long-term health, wellness, and weight loss goals?
- Is this the year to become a better, healthier version of you?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, it might be time to consider bariatric surgery.
Factors to Consider
Weight loss surgery offers the most medically valid treatment for obesity and obesity-related health problems.
If you are ready to begin discussing whether weight loss surgery is for you, here are just a few facts to consider.
- Safety: Due to advances in laparoscopic and robotic procedures, weight loss surgery is now as safe as most other surgeries. The risk of death is minimal, and surgical complications have considerably diminished in the last decade. Even patients with underlying health problems may still be considered candidates for weight loss surgery if the surgery will resolve those problems.
- Aggressive weight loss: If you are severely overweight, obesity has caused changes to your metabolism that make it nearly impossible to achieve significant weight loss through diet and exercise alone. Weight loss surgery can reverse the metabolic damage obesity has done to your body, enabling aggressive, rapid weight loss.
- Improved health: Metabolic surgery is considered a viable treatment option for obesity-related health problems, such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Many patients find that their diabetes goes into remission within days, even hours, of their metabolic surgery, well before any weight loss!
- Cost: Because metabolic surgery offers such amazing health benefits, it is becoming more prevalent to find it covered, at least in part, by insurance companies. For individuals without coverage, we offer several attractive self-pay or financing options. We believe that cost should never be a prohibiting factor when considering this life-changing surgery.
There are two simple ways to get started.
- Take one of our in-person or online seminars to learn more about the different types of weight loss surgery and the weight loss and health-related benefits they offer.
- Contact us to schedule a free, personalized consultation with Dr. Beltre, where we can discuss your questions and concerns about weight loss surgery and provide additional information.
Hoping to learn more and get started on your weight loss journey sooner? Call 321-499-6505 or Click here to schedule a phone or video consultation with Dr. Beltre.