ABOUT OUR BARIATRIC SURGERY PRACTICE
Obesity is a progressive disease requiring a comprehensive, personalized medical approach. That one simple statement summarizes our core philosophy at The Center for Metabolic and Obesity Surgery, and defines how we handle obesity and its related health complications. We believe that obesity should be treated just like any other disease: with dedicated, compassionate, thorough medical intervention. No one would expect you to treat cancer or a broken leg on your own, and you should not be expected to fight obesity on your own either! The fact is that obesity causes changes to your metabolism and body chemistry that resist all efforts at appetite control and weight loss, as well as causes serious health and psychological problems. For many patients, the only way to treat obesity is through proper medical advice, medical and/or surgical intervention, and a powerful support network.
Under the direction of Board Certified lead surgeon Dr. Wiljon Beltre, The Center for Metabolic and Obesity Surgery offers a comprehensive medical approach to significant weight loss and the treatment of weight-related medical complications. Metabolic and bariatric surgery is only one possible tool in our fully-stocked medical toolkit, and we offer a compassionate, multifaceted approach that is tailored to your unique medical history, metabolism, and weight loss goals, incorporating surgical and medical treatment plans and including a dedicated team of weight loss experts, in order to maximize your chances of long-term success. Our treatment philosophy is based on a few foundational beliefs:
- Significant weight loss is hard work, but it is possible! Weight loss surgery can enable long-term weight loss on a scale that simply that can’t be achieved through diet and exercise. While it is no more of a “magic solution” than the latest fad diet and requires a commitment to long-term lifestyle changes, if you are willing to work hard on your own and with the support of our experienced team of weight loss professionals, metabolic surgery can drastically improve your health and your quality of life.
- Metabolic surgery is about more than just weight loss: If you are suffering from weight-related health problems like type 2 diabetes, metabolic surgery offers some patients an extraordinarily fast resolution of some of these issues, even before serious weight loss has begun. We often tell our metabolic surgery patients not to take their diabetes medication until they have checked their blood sugar, because many of them find they do not require it just days, or even hours, after their surgery!
- Long-term success requires a compassionate, dedicated support network. Metabolic surgery is only the first step in your weight loss journey. At The Center for Metabolic and Obesity Surgery, we are committed to helping you through each and every step after your surgery to ensure you achieve your long-term weight loss goals. We offer dedicated long-term support in two important ways:
- We require monthly office visits for the first year after your metabolic surgery. These regular check-ups will help maximize the success of your procedure and enable us to quickly and effectively resolve any long-term complications.
- We offer monthly support group meetings run by our certified nutritionist. Our support group meetings are extremely dynamic, informative, and interactive, and help our patients remain committed to the many lifestyle changes required for long-term success.
Dr. Beltre and the warm, caring staff at The Center for Metabolic and Obesity Surgery are looking forward to helping you start—and complete—your weight loss journey. If you are frustrated by your inability to fight obesity on your own and you are ready for a proven, medical approach that will empower you to finally achieve your weight loss goals, you are ready for our comprehensive, medical approach to your obesity. Getting started at The Center for Metabolic and Obesity Surgery is straight-forward; you can:
- Get more information on the benefits of metabolic and obesity surgery with our online seminar; or
- Contact Dr. Beltre for a personalized consultation to discover how our comprehensive approach to obesity and its related health issues can work for you.
We look forward to hearing from you today!
CONTACT THE CENTER FOR METABOLIC AND OBESITY SURGERY
At The Center for Metabolic and Obesity Surgery, located in Altamonte Springs, Florida, we offer a proven, multifaceted approach to metabolic and bariatric surgery that will empower you to achieve your weight loss goals, improve your health and appearance, and rebuild your self-confidence. Led by esteemed, Board Certified surgeon Dr. Wiljon Beltre, one of the only fellowship-trained bariatric surgeons in Central Florida, we specialize in the latest cutting-edge procedures for safe, effective surgical weight loss coupled with a dedicated support team of caring, experienced specialists who will stand by your side to support you throughout your entire weight loss journey. Significant weight loss is not easy, but with the help of with our confidential consultation and education process, the surgical skill and experience of our medical team, and the advice and guidance of our ongoing support network, we can help you achieve the lasting weight loss success you have been dreaming about.
If you are tired of the endless rounds of fad dieting and fruitless exercise regimens and think you may be ready for significant weight loss with metabolic or bariatric surgery, or if you would like more information on all of the weight loss surgery options at The Center for Metabolic and Obesity Surgery, contact us today for a free, individual consultation. We look forward to helping you start your weight loss journey today! Call 407-634-4375 or Click Here to Schedule a Consultation.
DISCLAIMER: Metabolic surgery involves a lifetime commitment to significant lifestyle changes, and is not for everyone. Individual results differ depending on each patient’s medical history and willingness and ability to adhere to the weight loss program specified by Dr. Beltre. As with all surgical procedures, all forms of metabolic surgery carry the risk of complications and side effects; additional details about potential complications, side effects, and other risks will be provided to you by Dr. Beltre during your pre-surgical consultations.