Preparing for Body Contouring Plastic Surgery
Body contouring cosmetic procedure following bariatric surgery can have a transformative effect on a person’s appearance.
However, it is fantastic to ensure that body contouring surgery is preceded by adequate advance preparation to create a foundation for a safe and successful surgery. The operating surgeon will provide the guidelines for pre-op preparation and the patient should be ready to follow those guidelines diligently.
A well-prepared patient will usually be more confident about the body contouring procedure, and will achieve higher satisfaction levels in the end.
Individuals who have maintained decent fitness and a balanced diet prior to surgery may also expect to have a faster recovery. Dr. Wiljon Beltre is a terrific and sagacious bariatric surgeon providing weight loss procedures to patients in Orlando, Tampa, Maitland, Central Florida and surrounding locations and communities in this part of The Sunshine State.
Prior to the Surgery
Once the surgeon has determined the patient’s candidacy for body contouring, they should complete the following tasks in order to save time and prepare for the scheduled procedure:
- Arrange to deliver past health records, including those related to bariatric surgery, from the physician and hospital to the office of the body contouring surgeon
- Make a list of various prescription and non-prescription drugs, including herbal supplements and vitamins, that the patient may be currently taking
- Get any x-rays or lab tests done as per the surgeon’s instructions
- Arrange communication between the surgeon and the physician, if necessary for adjusting the schedule of ongoing prescription medications
- Stop smoking for several days prior to the surgery as per the surgeon’s advice
- Complete any pressing assignments at home or office well in advance to ensure a stress free recovery
- Arrange for someone responsible who can drive the patient back home after the body contouring surgery
- If necessary, arrange for aftercare for a few days
A Day before the Surgery
The patient should follow these simple guidelines one day prior to the body contouring surgery:
- Take adequate rest on the day before the surgery and sleep early to have a restful night
- Avoid eating or drinking anything for eight hours before the body contouring surgery
- Minimize alcohol consumption prior to the surgery, and completely abstain from it for at least 48 hours before the scheduled surgery
- Do not wear makeup, jewelry, nail paint, body piercings, or contact lenses on the day of the surgery
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes to the surgery center. If body contouring involves upper body, select a top with front buttons
- Diabetics should have their vital health parameters reviewed on the morning of the surgery
It is normal for a patient to go through some degree of pre-surgery anxiety just a day prior to the body contouring surgery. The surgeon may prescribe a calming medication to be taken the night before in some cases. Patients in Orlando, Tampa, Maitland, Central Florida, and nearby areas have an opportunity to receive cutting edge weight loss procedures from dedicated and the reliable bariatric surgeon Dr. Beltre.
To find out more about the procedures & treatments performed by Orlando Bariatric Surgeon, Dr. Wiljon Beltre, at The Center for Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Call 321-499-6505 or Click Here to Schedule a Consultation.
Important Note: If the weight is regained, diabetes and other conditions could return.
Are You a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
Take our 60 second assessment and find out if you are a candidate for weight loss surgery