Once a patient has undergone weight loss through bariatric surgery, they may consider a body contouring procedure.
However, they should have a clear idea about the body contouring surgery as well as the surgeon’s credentials before decide to go ahead with the procedure. Informed patients can make better choices and feel more satisfied with the results in the end.
During the initial consultation, the patient will have an opportunity to ask questions and clear all their concerns and doubts about the procedure. Marvelous and judicious bariatric surgeon Dr. Wiljon Beltre provides a range of latest weight loss procedures to patients in Orlando, Tampa, Altamonte Springs, Central Florida, and surrounding communities.
Questions about the Surgeon
- How many years of medical and surgical training do you have?
- Have you previously performed body contouring for patients who have undergone massive weight loss through bariatric surgery?
- Which surgical venue would you suggest to perform my body contouring procedure?
- Are you affiliated with one or more local hospitals or surgery centers?
- If any emergency arises during after the surgery, will your practice be equipped to handle it?
- If the final results of body contouring are not in sync with what we agree upon during the initial consultation, would you perform a revision procedure?
Questions about the Surgery
- Am I a suitable candidate for body contouring surgery?
- Would you perform the procedure using general or local anesthesia?
- Should I choose upper or lower body procedures or both?
- Will I need to make any dietary or lifestyle changes or adjust my ongoing prescription drugs and supplements prior to the surgery?
- Can I review body contouring before and after pictures to have a realistic view of the procedure?
- Can I have access to testimonials of past patients to learn about body contouring from their perspective?
Questions about Recovery
- Is the post-operative recovery going to be long or painful?
- Are there any risks and side effects associated with body contouring, which I should be aware of?
- What will be the estimate downtime following the surgery?
- Will I be required to take some precautions during the recovery phase?
- What can I go back to my normal routine or return to my place of work after the body contouring surgery?
Questions about Costs
- How much will it cost me to undergo body contouring surgery at your practice?
- Does your cost estimate cover the pre- and post-surgical expenses?
- Will the costs differ if I have the procedure performed at an accredited surgery center instead of a hospital?
- Will I be required to pay additionally for post-surgical visits to your office?
- If I choose to have multiple procedures, both invasive and non-invasive, will you be able to offer a rebate or a special package price?
- Will your office be able to guide me about insurance and financing aspects?
Accomplished and impressive bariatric surgeon Dr. Beltre receives patients from Orlando, Tampa, Altamonte Springs, Central Florida, and other cities and suburbs in this far southeast state for body contouring. To find out more about the procedures & treatments performed by Orlando Bariatric Surgeon, Dr. Wiljon Beltre, at The Center for Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Call 407-830-6868 or Click Here to Schedule a Consultation.
Important Note: If the weight is regained, diabetes and other conditions could return.